After you’ve finished with the turkey and the shopping, take a minute to give back to your favorite OS!
The Foundation is kicking off its prime giving season on one of the biggest giving days of the year, #GivingTuesday. Now in its 12th year, #GivingTuesday is a global day of giving that brings together diverse communities to foster generosity.
The Foundation is calling on the community to channel your passion for FreeBSD into helping us increase our efforts for the Project in 2024. During this #GivingTuesday, we also want to remind you that when you support the FreeBSD Foundation, you’re not only giving back to what is important to you, you are also investing in the future of FreeBSD. Your funds directly impact the success of the operating system. Your investment ensures that FreeBSD stays the relevant, secure, and sustainable operating system you’ve come to rely on.
What We Will Accomplish
Next year, your investment in FreeBSD will help us:
- Improve the ease of adoption of FreeBSD for end users by providing a more out of the box experience by working on areas that may include improving hardware support for a curated set of laptops, making sure that FreeBSD works well on low-cost arm64 platforms, improving developer tooling, and writing and updating documentation.
- Continuing the development and implementation of a FreeBSD technology roadmap to help drive innovation and software development efforts by hiring additional software developers to identify and implement key areas of improvement to FreeBSD
- Increase the visibility of FreeBSD among college students and young professionals via a university pilot program and improved training materials
- Facilitating an atmosphere for innovation, collaboration, and education through content creation, community events, and increased opportunities for developer interaction.
All these efforts help ensure the continuity of FreeBSD as a viable option for operating system choice.
Your donation on #GivingTuesdayFreeBSD will help us get one step closer to meeting these goals while continuing to serve the community in the ways you have come to expect.
Help Spread the Word
To maximize the success of the campaign, we’re asking for your help in spreading the word.
Share reminders to donate on your social media networks. Let colleagues and friends know that you support FreeBSD, and why they should too. Tell your favorite FreeBSD stories.
Below you’ll find sample tweets/toots, Facebook posts and graphics to help you spread the word.
“Love #FreeBSD? Let ’em know! Donate to the #GivingTuesdayFreeBSD Campaign.”
“Show your support for #FreeBSD! Donate to the @freebsdfndation #GivingTuesdayFreeBSD campaign!”
“Join me in making a difference in the FreeBSD Project on November 28. Donate to the #GivingTuesdayFreeBSD campaign”.
Facebook Cover Images
Sample Facebook Posts
- Interested in making a difference in the FreeBSD Project? Support the #GivingTuesdayFreeBSD campaign. Find out more at: https://freebsdfoundation.org/donors/giving-tuesday/
- If you love FreeBSD like I do, join me on Tuesday, November 28 by donating to help the FreeBSD Foundation increase its support of FreeBSD during the #GivingTuesdayFreeBSD campaign. https://freebsdfoundation.org/donate/
- Make a direct impact on your favorite operating system! Join me in supporting the #GivingTuesdayFreeBSD campaign and donate today! https://freebsdfoundation.org/donate/