Getting Started with FreeBSD
As part of the FreeBSD Foundation’s education initiative, we’ve worked with community members and new recruits to develop guides that make getting started with FreeBSD a straight forward process. For an overview, see our FreeBSD Quickstart Guide. Stay tuned for more how-tos as they become available.
New Projects and How-tos:
- Easy Minecraft Server on FreeBSD
- Building a Physical FreeBSD Build Status Dashboard
- Test NVDIMM functionality on FreeBSD with QEMU
- FreeBSD UEFI Secure Boot
- Bulk Port Management with Poudriere
- Contributing FreeBSD Documentation
- How to Submit a Bug Report
- Contributing to FreeBSD as a Programmer
- Updating FreeBSD From Git
How to Run a FreeBSD InstallFest:
Below you’ll find download links for the necessary tools and information for running your own FreeBSD InstallFest. Feel free to make your own changes to customize the material for your own InstallFest.
InstallFest Instructions via Website How-To:
Introduction to FreeBSD Desktop Distributions:
Looking for FreeBSD branded items? Check out the ShopFreeBSD store on Zazzle.