Does raising money for an organization you believe in get you excited? Do you enjoy the non-profit tech environment? Are you a self-starter with the ability to easily connect with all types and levels of people? Do you enjoy the challenge of getting people and organizations to buy into your product and to financially support it? If so, you might be a great fit for this opportunity!
The FreeBSD Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and building the FreeBSD Project and community worldwide. We have been around for over 20 years, with our headquarters in Boulder, and board and staff located around the world. The Foundation focuses on filling critical needs within the Project including software development, advocacy, infrastructure support, project management and more. We partner with individual and corporate members of the FreeBSD community, to ensure the continuing growth and stability of one of the oldest, largest, and most successful open source operating systems.
We are looking for a new role to join our team, a Fundraising Manager. You will be the expert in this space and will create the plan, execute, and deliver in fundraising.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Work and build relationships to obtain fundraising money from three key constituents: grants, corporate donors, and individual donors. Diversification is a critical aspect of obtaining funding.
- Achieve or exceed the annual revenue goal of $2 million through fundraising
- Develop and implement a fundraising plan both annual and long-term to meet FreeBSD Foundations budgetary needs
- Develop a detailed plan for writing and soliciting annual grants, including timelines and projected revenue
- Research and write grant proposals to foundations and corporate entities. We are also interested in your ideas on where else we should be looking for funding!
- Actively monitor deadlines, maintain timely reporting and correspondence with current and target funding partners
- Design and implement a series of campaigns, events, and outreach activities designed to recruit and retain high net worth individual donors and corporations.
- Collaborate with colleagues in order to maximize potential and meet fundraising goals and objectives.
What you’ll need for this job:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the fundraising space specifically in the tech environment.
- Demonstrated success of meeting fundraising goals.
- Proven ability to raise money in non-traditional, creative ways – creativity is key to success in this role.
- Familiarity with the Open Source world is ideal.
- Must be comfortable talking to executives and high net worth individuals.
- Ability to identify who to talk with, the appropriate approach, and planning are essential.
- Grant writing skills are a must.
The base pay range for this position is budgeted at $xx -$xx depending on job-related knowledge, skills and experience. In addition to base salary, this position will be commissioned.
We are open to this position being full-time or part-time. Salary will be adjusted accordingly if part-time.
This position can be located anywhere and will be remote.
Benefits (if full-time):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 6 weeks of paid maternity/paternity leave
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
FreeBSD is everywhere: If you stream movies via Netflix, chat with friends on WhatsApp, or play the latest PlayStation (5?) game sensation, you’re already using FreeBSD. FreeBSD Foundation supports the work of the FreeBSD Project and is committed to hiring people as committed to the open source development community as we are. We care about getting results, not about putting in time at an office. Come see what it’s like to work in a collaborative environment where we celebrate each person’s uniqueness and our strengths as a cohesive team.
FreeBSD Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunity and we believe diversity makes us better. We encourage all qualified, interested candidates to apply. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.