Registration is now open for the online June 2021 FreeBSD Developer Summit. The event will consist of virtual, half day sessions, taking place June 9-11, 2021. It’s free to attend, but we ask that you register with the eventbrite system to gain access to the meeting room. In addition to developer discussion sessions, we will also have vendor talks. Please see the Call for Working Groups below.
Call for Working Groups
As with prior years, working groups should focus on a particular topic with a goal of producing a specific plan. Each working group will need a chairperson to drive the group. Groups will be held on Zoom and will have the use of features on Zoom such as chat and Q & A. Members of the devsummit team will be present to assist with managing the Zoom setup and tracking which questions have been answered.
Some possible working group topics include:
- Packaging Base
- Development Tools (lldb, valgrind)
- FreeBSD on Laptops (Graphics / Wireless)
- Network Storage (iSCSI, NVMeoF)
- Fault Management
- Recruiting New Developers
- Pre-commit Testing and CI
We are now looking for proposals for working groups. Each proposal must include the following:
- A chairperson who will be responsible for making this group work. A chair may delegate work to other folks, but one person should have the final say rather than a committee.
- A single paragraph abstract giving a brief overview of what the working group session will cover and what goals you wish to achieve.
- A possible guest list to identify individuals known to be interested and working on the topic. The proposal should also include a list of individuals that you feel must be present for the group to be a success.
- An agenda with specific topics that the session will cover.
These proposals should be sent to email@example.com by May 1, 2021.