Taking place February 4-5, 2017, in Brussels, Belgium, FOSDEM is a free and non-commercial event organized by the community for the community. The goal is to provide free and open source software developers and communities a place to meet to:
- get in touch with other developers and projects
- be informed about the latest developments in the free software world
- be informed about the latest developments in the open source world
- attend interesting talks and presentations on various topics by project leaders and committers
- to promote the development and benefits of free software and open source solutions
Participation and attendance is totally free, though the organizers gratefully accept donations and sponsorship.
There will also be a BSD Developer Room on Saturday, February 4. The Call for Proposals is open until November 27, 2017. Find out more here.