December 9, 2013
The first RC build of the FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE cycle is now available.
Please refer to the announcement email for the image checksums.
Please see the change list for an important note regarding the bsdinstall(8) ZFS on GELI option.
ISO images and, for architectures that support it, the memory stick images are available here.
If you notice problems you can report them through the normal GNATS PR system or here on the -current or -stable mailing lists.
Important note to freebsd-update(8) users: Please be sure to follow the instructions in the following FreeBSD Errata Notices before upgrading the system to 10.0-RC1:
Changes between -BETA4 and -RC1 include:
Fix to a regression in bsdinstall(8) that prevents ZFS on GELI installation from working correctly.
- Fix to a regression in bsdinstall(8) that prevents ZFS on GELI installation from working correctly.
- Please note: a last-minute problem was found in 10.0-RC1 testing with this installation option that is still being investigated. Please do not select the GELI encryption option from the installer. Although the installation successfully completes, the GELI passphrase will not decrypt the GELI provider.
- Build Hyper-V kernel modules by default for i386.
- Update oce(4) driver to support 40Gbps devices.
- Improve robustness of the Xen balloon driver.
- Fix accounting for hw.realmem on the i386 and amd64 platforms.
- Fix poweroff(8) on XenServer.
- Fix powerd/states on AMD cpus.
- Add support for BCM57764, BCM57767, BCM57782, BCM57786 and BCM57787.
- Fix PKG_ABI detection in bsdconfig(8) after pkg-1.2.
- Fix emulated jail_v0 byte order.
- Fix hang on reboot with active iSCSI connections.
- Fix a potential system crash if a jail(8) is created and destroyed on systems with VIMAGE.